"wifi-radar" wanted

Loptr Chaote loptr.chaote at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 02:37:58 UTC 2004

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 20:32:23 -0800, Mike Bate <mikebate_tl at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I had tried apradar too (aliened the rpm and also built from source)
> but it doesn't work correctly on my system. Looks interesting tho,
> I'll keep an eye open for the next release, guess I oughta write up a
> bug report for the author too.

>From what I understood, you wanted that special function (auto-select
familiar networks) of wifiradar, not just a scanner. But if you are
looking for a scanner and your wificard supports rfmon (monitor mode)
I highly recommend Kismet, it's the most advanced free scanner
wifiscanner available.

http://www.kismetwireless.net/ is the url of the main site, but I do
believe it's in either base or universe repository.

-L.C