Ubuntu KDE

DougC ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Dec 6 19:55:01 UTC 2004

The best thing is you won't have to download any part of KDE. I like
Ubuntu and the way it works. I'll like it even more when KDE is
properly supported, although I would also install Gnome anyway. I'm not
trying to be a fanboy, I just like the way KDE works. It's not
necessarily as bloated as a lot of people think. What it will come down
to though is personal choice. If you don't like KDE then you will never
have to install it. I'm sure we can all get along peacefully using our
own preferences.

Vincent Trouilliez Wrote:
> > I would just like to remind you at this point of the Ubuntu Code of
> > Conduct, which states that you should remain polite and respectful
> at
> > all times on the list.  This post was neither, and very
> inflammatory.
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I apologize publicly...
>
> I love Ubuntu so much that I am very scary at the thought of having a
> bunch of KDE files clogging my hard drive and slowing down the
> system ! ;-)
>
> I didn't mean to show disrespect, only tried to understand.
>
> Next time a similar post/thread comes up, I will just try and stay
> cool/calm, take a deep breath, and delete the post without even
> reading
> it.
>
> I guess I just had too much time in my hands this afternoon, will go
> and
> do something more constructive ;o)
>
> I hope you won't ban me from the list, I promise I will behave...
> please
> don't kick me out, Ubuntu is my only home, there is no other place
> that's anywhere near as good ! :-/
>
> I apologize again...
>
> Regards,
>

> Vince, naughty frog...