Ubuntu KDE

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Dec 6 19:43:13 UTC 2004

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

>KDE is everywere, if you love it, just pick Mandrake or whatever, they
>are just mad for KDE, but please leave Ubuntu alone, don't mutilate it
>with KDE.

Well, I tried Ubuntu on a partition a month ago and haven't booted to my
old Red Hat partition in 2 weeks.  I am really enjoying Ubuntu, but
truth is I like having KDE (when I needed it's GUI stuff) and Fluxbox
(most of the time).  I see lightweight Gnome as a compromise that is
less powerful than KDE and more overhead than Fluxbox.

I *want* to use Ubuntu & KDE.  I know that I can install KDE from the
Universe, but don't want both Gnome & KDE unless forced to.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c