Laptop Install Problem (ACPI)

R S Gill rsgill at purdue.edu
Sun Dec 5 09:35:29 UTC 2004

Hi,

Am trying to install Ubuntu Warty on my HP ze4502us.

The only way to get the installer going is to use the "noacpi" parameter at boot.

With "noacpi", the installation can begin but the laptop becomes unstable and
shuts itself off randomly. The laptop also gets very hot very quickly.

The same is true for when running the Warty LiveCD.

Before attempting the install , I applied the latest BIOS patch from HP.

I know that this is not a hardware problem because I am able to install and run
WinXP and FreeBSD (with acpi) without any problems.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Gill
--
Wahhabism preaches an ultra-Puritanical way of life while the Saudi elite swims
in whisky and dizzies itself with pornography. Wahhabism claims to be the purest