Reply to list (again) [was: Re: Evolution forgets read messages after gnome logout cycle]

Petri Pennanen suvarin at home.se
Sat Dec 4 15:19:14 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 15:56 +0100, Le grand pinguin wrote:
> > Please reply to list in the future. Press "Ctrl L" or right-click
> > and select "Reply to list".
>
> ROFL: when i press "Ctrl L" my screen gets redrawn and right-clicking
> on a terminal without a mouse is pretty darn hard ... ;-)

Ok. That was funny. Of course I intended to write "In Evolution..."

> Seriously: this list has (wrongly, IMHO) decided to not set the
> reply-to header to have replies go to the list - that's the toll
> it has to pay :-/

If reply to list is set, you can't give personal replies. This is
troublesome when people aren't subscribed to the list. However they can
use gmane and ubuntuforums.org. The other cases when people need private
replies are pretty rare, and it is not that hard to write your e-mail
adress.

So I agree: reply to list would be a sane default for ubuntu-users.

>  Sorry, OT rant

I'm sorry too ;)

- Petri