more ppc questions

altern enrike at altern.org
Sat Dec 4 12:06:24 UTC 2004

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 02.12.2004, 19:55 +0100 schrieb altern:
>
>>And also, my external hardrive is on HFS format and ubuntu cannot read
>>it, how should i format it to be able to use it from both systems?
>
> the following command brings hfs support to linux:
>
> sudo modprobe hfsplus && sudo modprobe hfs
>
> add the lines:
> hfsplus
> hfs
>
> to /etc/modules, to make this permanent.

i am sorry but i am quite new to linux. The whole folder is protected
and i cannot change the content of the file or modify anything there. I
am not sure about how to do this. Previously i used SuSE and i think
there i would probably login as administrator and then it would allow to
do it. But as far as i understand in Ububtu you have to sudo to do this.
But then i am not sure how to sudo and then edit the file

--
enrike