configuring network interfaces FAIL

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Sat Dec 4 11:56:43 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Samstag, den 04.12.2004, 05:14 +0000 schrieb Lev Lazinsky:
> Okay, i have a major problem with my network and it is the only thing that
> is preventing me from completely switching over to ubuntu, if only i could
> get this to work! The problem is that when i install the ubuntu for the
> first time, everything works fine, the wireless even seems to work. But when
> i reboot my computer on the shut down screen there is an error "
> Deconfiguring Network INterfaces... FAIL...i dont know why it failt,  but
> then on the reboot screen there is another failure " COnfigureing Network
> interfaces... FAIL... then it is just a never ending cycle. I wish i knew
> what the problem was and how to fix it. Thanks! I hope i can get some help.
this is an attempt to configure your "wired" network card (even if you
dont have one)...if you have wireless working, you can just skip this
step on boot with ctrl-c or wait for the timeout...

please use a subject next time, i know a lot of people that set up their
spam filter to consider a subject less mail as spam and simply delete
it.

the other FAIL messages you see may be related to this one:
https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/BootHotPlugErrors
they are harmless, just follow the howto and they will be gone.

ciao
	oli

--
got ubuntu ? --------------> GET UBUNTU !!!