4Dwm

Nitebirdz nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com
Fri Dec 3 15:58:08 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 08:40:21PM +0000, Simon Burke wrote:
> ok, common knowledge that i have a SGI machine, im just curious if it
> is possible to get a 4dwm look on linux, i've found a icewm theme,
> that is kind of similar, but if anyone knows of a port or even how i
> could try and get it ported?

You may be interested in 3dwm.  As you can imagine, 4dwm is SGI's
intellectual property, and they have not ported it to Linux.  I include
a link to the project's main page below, as well as a link to
information on what appear to be the packages for Debian (not positive
about that though, although the name is the same).

http://www.3dwm.org/

http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~elm/projects/3dwm/

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=3dwm&searchon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all