Fax?

Romeyn Prescott prescor at potsdam.edu
Fri Dec 3 12:17:25 UTC 2004

At 9:34 AM +0000 12/3/04, John Levin scribbled:
>On 2 Dec 2004, at 18:22, Romeyn Prescott wrote:
>
>>  I have an old tray-loading iMac that I want to turn into a fax
>>receiver/printer.  My two days of trying to get OS X to load on
>>this thing have ended in sheer, abject frustration.
>>
>>  So I'm wondering if I install Ubuntu on it, how easy it'll be to
>>get it set up to receive faxes.
>>

>For old-world macs, take a look at:
>http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/InstallOnOldWorldMacs
>
>That said, OSX should install easily on all g3s and g4s - perhaps
>there's a hardware problem?

As far as I know, all iMacs are "new world" Macs.  Please let's not
discuss OS X on this particular unit, as I don't have a cardiac
surgeon on standby.

Ubuntu installed just fine.  This morning I'll be looking for Fax software.

...ROMeyn
--
signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm