Flash issues in Firefox since Hoary upgrade

Kent Frazier kentfrazier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 08:01:18 UTC 2004

I was running Warty, and as far as I remember, Flash worked just fine.
 After I upgraded to Hoary, Flash has no sound.  Also, if I move the
window or minimize or maximize it, the Flash video goes screwy too.  I
could deal with the glitchy video, but its hard to enjoy a Strongbad
Email with no sound.  I have tried installing the various flash
plugins available through the repositories, as well as the Flash
plugin that Firefox itself installs if you have none.  All of them
pretty much react the same way.  My other sound works pretty well, and
I tried to see if maybe Flash was still configured for OSS while I am
now using ALSA, but I couldn't find anything.  A bit of googling
reveals that this problem seems to afflict many Linux users of various
distros, but I didn't find any working solutions.  Anyone have any
suggestions?

Kent