Viewing Digital Pictures

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Thu Dec 2 22:17:06 UTC 2004

Hi:

I'm trying to use Eye of Gnome to view pictures on a networked SMB drive
served by Slackware 8.1 and that I'm browsing with the network file
browser under the Computer > Network menu.  The only application that
seems to work is Eye of Gnome.  But even then only if the file name
extension is .jpg vice .JPG, which is how my camera seems to set the
extension.  Is there any way to have eog recognize that .JPG is the same
as .jpg?  I can't see a configuration setting in eog and having .JPG
default to opening with eog doesn't help.

It would be even better if I could use the gThumb viewer as it could
potentially open all the files and allow me to browse within the
application, but it doesn't see the networked drive.

Thanks,
Ed
--
Ed Fletcher
ed at fletcher.ca

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty or democracy?  -  Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)