Thinkpad R40e lock up at installer main menu

Marcus Ahnve marcus at ahnve.com
Thu Dec 2 08:41:27 UTC 2004

Your problem is related to the processor ACPI module. To enable the
install, add the boot parameter "acpi=off" to grub.

You  do want ACPI however to monitor the battery etc. To enable it after
install you need to recompile the kernel, either without the processor
module, or with a manual patch described in http://pc.freeshell.org/tp/

After doing this you need to remove the "acpi=off" which Ubuntu
automagically adds to the boot command line.

Best regards /Marcus