Error unmounting the floppy - "/usr/bin/pumount" (Permission denied)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at canonical.com
Thu Dec 2 07:41:32 UTC 2004

Hi agento!

agenteo [2004-11-25 21:29 +0100]:
> I've mounted the floppy from Computer -> Disks double clock on the
> Floppy icon. I've got an error while unmounting the floppy from the
> GNOME desktop.
> In english it's something like:
> Error while unmounting
> Command failure
> Impossible to execute the child process "/usr/bin/pumount" (Permission
> denied)

Sorry for the late reply. Please make sure that your user is in the
"plugdev" group, which it apparently isn't.

So if your username is "agenteo", please do

  sudo adduser agenteo plugdev

log out, log back in and watch it to get working :-)

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                       http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer            http://www.ubuntulinux.org