[ubuntu-us] New Website for the US LoCo Teams

Joe Terranova joeterranova at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 00:12:29 BST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 5:42 PM, John Crawford <johnc4510 at cox.net> wrote:
> The Ubuntu US LoCo Teams went live with a new website today. The idea
> was to present more links and resources in one place for the US LoCo
> community to have access to. Please drop by the site and look it over,
> and let us know your thoughts on it. We hope everyone is as enthusiastic
> about it as we are.

You took away my map :( the purpose of the map was so that it took one
click to get to your state loco. Now you have to find the link to the
state map, then hunt for your state. I set it up that way because the
point was for people to link to the site when talking about US LoCo
Teams; then whoever the visitor was, they'd find their LoCo team
immediately and be one their way to their local site.

The problem was that no one ever linked to it. We got one (and only
one) major link; Jono linked to it in a post about the importance of
LoCo teams, which made it to the front page of Digg. And the site
served its purpose; people joined their local teams, find out how to
start a team in their state, etc. There wasn't much work on the site
since then, because no one else promoted it. So (besides for the map
being gone) I like the new site, but what's the plan for promoting it?

I see you also took my analytics code off. That's fine, but someone's
should be on there; you should have some idea who comes to the site,
and where they end up.