[ubuntu-us] updating the US Teams IRC information

Belinda A. Lopez dinda at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 01:02:53 GMT 2008

Correct Brandon.  The city teams were established before Canonical
decided to go with state-only level approval.  In the case of the
Houston Team, they pretty much decided they didn't need official
approval and continue to meet and grow monthly.  I tried explaining
the "umbrella" Texas team but it hasn't taken off with the city
teams.  There is now a group in West Texas and a couple of other
areas that are forming for more local support.  Shawn S made the
owner for the Launchpad team a few weeks ago so I can approve folks
interested in joining up there but really it's not active.  Imho - I
think folks are not interested in a Texas state level team (as of
yet) just to get official approval.  They are getting what they need
from their city/area teams.  If the idea is for local teams to do
local support then city teams make sense. The state is just too large
for folks to feel connected at the state level.  The umbrella idea
might work when more areas become organized but it is really just
adding another layer of admin work.

If someone wants to step up and take the Texas Team by the horns (so
to speak) I have no problems supporting them.  I've only be a contact/
leader by default until someone else claims the role.

cheers,

Belinda