[ubuntu-us] updating the US Teams IRC information

Eddie Martinez eddiemartinez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 23:21:33 GMT 2008

the IL team is still trying to get off the ground, and as far as i know, we
are still forwarding the chan to #ubuntu-chicago. For that reason, I dont
see a difference is it is #ubuntu-illinois or #ubuntu-us-il that is
forwarded to the chicago team, which has been the agreement from everyone as
far as I know.

thanks!

-Eddie

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Christer Edwards <
christer.edwards at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> This afternoon I was perusing the ubuntu.com website and found that it
> linked to the community Wiki concerning IRC support.  What I found was a
> fairly disorganized Wiki page with quite a bit of outdated information.
> I took the liberty of updating what I could, but I could use a bit of
> help concerning the following teams:
>
> IRC contact for california
> #ubuntu-california also needs a redirect to #ubuntu-us-ca.
>
> #ubuntu-chicago is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-il on
> the list?
> #ubuntu-us-il also needs a redirect to #ubuntu-chicago as this seems to
> be the preference for the team.  Should we list #ubuntu-us-il just for
> naming standards?
>
> #ubuntu-dallas is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-tx?
> Redirects required, of course.
>
> #ubuntu-dc is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-dc?
> Redirects required, of course.
>
> #ubuntu-us-hi is lacking a contact.
>
> #ubuntu-houston is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-tx?
> Redirects required, of course.
>
> #ubuntu-illinois is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-il?
> Redirects required, of course - also see #ubuntu-chicago above.
>
> #ubuntu-kansas is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-ks?
> Redirects required, of course.
>
> #ubuntu-us-md needs a channel contact
>
> #ubuntu-us-me is listed, empty.  /topic suggests #ubuntu-maine.  Should
> this be updated to conform to naming standards?
>
> #ubuntu-northcarolina is listed.  Needs contact and redirect to
> #ubuntu-us-nc
>
> #ubuntu-us-oh needs a contact.
>
> #ubuntu-us-or needs a contact.  Is this H264?
>
> #ubuntu-us-tx is listed, needs a contact.  Has there ever been any
> decision on the organization for TX?
>
> #ubuntu-texas-west is listed.  See above.
>
> #ubuntu-wisconsin is listed.  Needs redirect for #ubuntu-us-wi.
>
> Thanks guys.  The page in question is
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat, which I've created
> a section for United States Teams at the bottom (considering we have so
> many!)  Also, once this is cleaned up perhaps it might fit well
> someplace on the US Teams page / sub-page ?
>
> Christer

Encryption Key (GPG PID): 19983D83
This has been an Eddie Martinez production.
<Please exit in an orderly fashion>