[ubuntu-us] updating the US Teams IRC information

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 13 23:13:53 GMT 2008

This afternoon I was perusing the ubuntu.com website and found that it
linked to the community Wiki concerning IRC support.  What I found was a
fairly disorganized Wiki page with quite a bit of outdated information.
I took the liberty of updating what I could, but I could use a bit of
help concerning the following teams:

IRC contact for california
#ubuntu-california also needs a redirect to #ubuntu-us-ca.

#ubuntu-chicago is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-il on
the list?
#ubuntu-us-il also needs a redirect to #ubuntu-chicago as this seems to
be the preference for the team.  Should we list #ubuntu-us-il just for
naming standards?

#ubuntu-dallas is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-tx?
Redirects required, of course.

#ubuntu-dc is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-dc?
Redirects required, of course.

#ubuntu-us-hi is lacking a contact.

#ubuntu-houston is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-tx?
Redirects required, of course.

#ubuntu-illinois is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-il?
Redirects required, of course - also see #ubuntu-chicago above.

#ubuntu-kansas is listed.  Should this be updated to #ubuntu-us-ks?
Redirects required, of course.

#ubuntu-us-md needs a channel contact

#ubuntu-us-me is listed, empty.  /topic suggests #ubuntu-maine.  Should
this be updated to conform to naming standards?

#ubuntu-northcarolina is listed.  Needs contact and redirect to
#ubuntu-us-nc

#ubuntu-us-oh needs a contact.

#ubuntu-us-or needs a contact.  Is this H264?

#ubuntu-us-tx is listed, needs a contact.  Has there ever been any
decision on the organization for TX?

#ubuntu-texas-west is listed.  See above.

#ubuntu-wisconsin is listed.  Needs redirect for #ubuntu-us-wi.

Thanks guys.  The page in question is
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat, which I've created
a section for United States Teams at the bottom (considering we have so
many!)  Also, once this is cleaned up perhaps it might fit well
someplace on the US Teams page / sub-page ?

Christer