[Ubuntu-US] US Teams Project

Steve Stalcup vorian at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 13 16:03:47 BST 2007

When this project was started, It was started with the idea of getting
a LoCo team in every state, and having all State teams approved by the
end of this year.  I think we can still get most of this goal
accomplished.

Another aspect of the project was intended to be pooling resources as
teams in the US, brainstorm, and help build each other up. Every team
has successes they have experienced, successes that can help other
LoCo teams.  In contrast, there are things that some teams struggle
with, how to handle money being one of them.

I have to say that I have sat on the fence on this issue, and others too long.

I would like to encourage any kind of discussion that can be
beneficial to our loco teams.  I am not a fan of stifling discussion.
It would be great to see 3 or 4 people explore all the options and
possibilities of protection status and how to handle money.  It may
not go anywhere, but if it does, that would help all of our teams.

The other point I wanted to comment on is the "Mentor" status.  The
idea behind the name of Mentor was to identify individuals who had
experience with the team building process and or were experts in the
resources that teams use.

I think it would be a good idea to get rid of a requirement for
mentor.  At the moment, a "Mentor" needs to be an Ubuntu Member and on
an approved LoCo team.  I don't think this is necessary.

The project is about people helping people, and teams helping teams.
It's my hope we can continue to help each other grow.

1. Build LoCo Teams from New -> Approved.
2. Explore Ideas.
3. Share successes.
4. Pool resources.
and most of all