[Ubuntu-US] US Teams Mentoring Project IRC Metting

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 12 21:23:55 BST 2007

I have to admit that I am not a fan of running a closed or moderated meeting.
Other members may have something to add to a topic that is being discussed,
and with the current rule set it would be hard to get in. Everyone here is an
adult and can be depended upon to act responsibly. They are in fact members
of LoCo teams, therefor valued members and community leaders in my eyes. I
would like to see the meeting open, unmoderated, in order to gain a healthy
discussion. Voicing only certain people such as mentors and leaders, tends to
leave a feeling of uncertainty in some people, as if they don't matter as
much as the next person. Just my $0.02, but I would like to see this taken
into consideration. Thanks.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com