[ubuntu-us] Ubuntu LoCo Advocacy - Do we have an organized approach?

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:27:24 GMT 2007

I've had an idea to start some Why Ubuntu and Why Open Source pages on the
wiki. I don't believe there is any place that non-super-tech savvy people
can understand the benefits of open source and free software as well as why
it's important and Ubuntu, Linux for human beings, sounds like the perfect
place to start :)

I was hoping that we could have a main Why Ubuntu page that outlined the
benefits of Ubuntu for all of it's users and then maybe a bunch of pages
underneath it that discuss the benefits for specific people. Ubuntu for
Students, Families, etc. And then have a main Why Open Source? Page with a
similar purpose and then possibly pages under that which discuss why open
source should be used in school, government, etc.