[ubuntu-us] Next US Teams Project Meeting

Steve Stalcup vorian at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 26 03:12:44 GMT 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 9:50 PM, Craig Huffstetler <xq at blurredtruth.com> wrote:
> Thursday sounds good for 8 P.M. EST.
>
> Why do we need a team leader for the entire collection of teams?

Great question.  First off, as I understand it, the US Teams project
is a group of mentors who are available to help new and struggling
teams.  The project, as I understand it, is not a governing body, but
a "team" of "mentors" (see monthly team reports)

So its not a leader for a collection of teams, rather a leader for the
Project/Team.  Each State team is as independent as any country team
is.

I think that the project has become somewhat stagnant and is in need
of leadership.  With the recent channel change, there have been a
couple of instances where having a leader/contact would have made the
transition easier in regards to the IRC Council.

I also think it is very important that everyone involved with the
project, mentor or not, should be able to elect this leader.

I say +1 on a leader, and +1 on Eric.