US LoCo Teams Houston Team in search of a mentor

Belinda A. Lopez dinda at mac.com
Thu Jul 19 04:28:13 BST 2007

Hi folks,
   I'm Dinda from the Ubuntu Houston Team.  I'm looking for a mentor
to help our team make its way to the approved mode.  We requested a
mailing list through the official channels but were told to use the
"Texas Team" state list but there is NO Texas team list or even
group.  There is a Dallas Team and they have their own list.  So now
I'm not sure if it's even worth it to try move the Houston Team
forward in an "official" manner as no one in the group is interested
in being part of a "Texas Team" b/c the state is so large and they
feel a city team would better suit their needs.  I don't know what
the policy is on City versus State teams is but am curious if teams
like the Chicago team have run into issues over this issue.  For now
we have a member-hosted mailing list and IRC channel so at this
point, not sure what becoming an official team would gain us.  Any
thoughts?

thanks,

Belinda/Dinda from Houston