US LoCo Teams Introduction and Proposal

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 02:37:01 BST 2007

Hello Ubuntu-US,

Firstly I am Martin Owens, current leader of the Ubuntu-MA LoCo group
(not yet official :-/) Hopefully we can pull off all the required
events to become official soon enough.

Secondly, I've been in talks with a decal production company who can
make aluminium ubuntu case badges; obviously the more I can order the
lower the cost per unit so I wanted to ask what kind of interest there
is in other LoCo groups.

The plan is to acquire some really nice metal case badges and either
sell them or give them away as a reward at installfests. The printing
and etching that this company is offering is well produced, the
meeting I had with the sales guy was was informative, I've even got a
bunch of material samples to choose from.

It'll be good to choose a nice design too, something that looks really
professional.

thoughts and feelings?

Best Regards, Martin Owens