Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Desktop initial thoughts - What were yours?

Mike Putnam mike at theputnams.net
Sun May 1 18:26:55 UTC 2016

I've installed 16.04 three times so far. Here are things I noticed:

Software Center seems to be flaky, only working sometimes. To get around
this I settled on using apt or dpkg for externally-sourced .deb's.

Python: 16.04 ships with the latest Python2 and Python3 already installed.
Yay!

Apt: latest apt is nicely succinct (sudo apt install <package>) and the
output is readable and understandable.

Theme: I tend toward minimal theme-ing, so the monochrome tray stuff is
pleasing.

Stuff I installed right away:

Arduino IDE
Atom