My Resignation

Ian Weisser ian-weisser at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 25 03:22:49 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-08-24 at 21:57 -0500, Simon Quigley wrote:
> This mailing list (ubuntu-us-wi) hasn't been that active, we haven't
> had a meeting in more than six months, and to be honest, I believe
> that's mostly (if not 100%) my fault.

Thoroughly disagree. You have brought a lot of energy to the team, and
we have appreciated it. The problem is not you, nor your goals, nor
your implementation.

I think there's no fault. You have merely found the group's natural
shared energy level.

We are a distributed group over a large territory, and have not found a
way to make collaboration and shared interests work yet. We hang out in
different spaces, we are interested in different projects, we are
different ages. The only thing we really have in common is a general
desire to make Ubuntu better...and perhaps that's just not enough yet.

Don't leave the team. Stay and lurk. Gently recruit to your favorite
project (Lubuntu) from here. Share information from your local
Team/LUG/Makerspace/whatever.

Take a long view: If you recruit one new member to another team each
year, that's a success. If you keep one member from drifting away each
year, that's a success. That's growth.

I think you have been successful.

Sure, if you wish to rotate leadership, I'll toss my hat into the ring
for a cycle. I know how draining leadership can be.

Cheers,

Ian