Recording TV Using Ubuntu

Conor Klecker conor at ronoc.net
Thu May 3 13:24:24 UTC 2012

I have been using Mythbuntu/mythtv for 4 years. I have always used a
dedicated box and a tuner card that does the encoding to save CPU.

There are several USB Tuner cards that have support built into MythTV ->
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Digital_Tuner_Cards

I cannot recommend any USB card since I haven't used one. But if the wiki
says it works, it does.