What's next?

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 14:14:42 UTC 2011

> Hello,
> I hate to break it to you, but our 'team' hasn't done much of anything as
of late. I'd like to get something going.

I'm with you on this one.

The last few times that we've had meetings, there seems to be enthusiasm
that people *want* to do something, but we have a hard time getting people
to attend the meetings.

I had sent out an interest survey, and we got 7 responses (not including
myself).
7 Responded:
5 of the 7 had attended previous mettings
2 did not attend previous meetings(I either forget to jump on IRC or its a
bad time for that particular day, I was busy)

Here's a graph of the 7 respondents interests.  http://goo.gl/jAt4Y

*What are you looking to get out of your Local Community?
*Help occasionally. Meeting new people occasionally. Avenue to
evangelize...not so much contribute in a code way. There's no need for a
LoCo to develop IMO.Mostly just meeting with people, but it's nice if I can
learn something new, or teach someone something.Meet interesting people, and
more importantly people who think I am interesting.Join with other Linux
users throughout the state to help build a better business network.I'm
looking to share my expertise with people and gain new expertise. It'd also
be neat to meet new people who share some of the same obvious interests as I
do. Also.

*What can the Local Community do?
*Hacking Scot....I mean, getting more people to use Linux.Really start
promoting physical meetups. But in order to do so, you need to get the word
out.I think it would be cool to do demos of Ubuntu to local school computer
clubs. Be a meeting place (whether physical or online) to help turn people
to the idea that there are other options to Windows and Mac to improve
productivity.Spreading the joy and philosophy of Ubuntu and open-source
throughout the state, I suppose.Getting the word out about Ubuntu to more
people.Various outreach and promotion type stuff.

Let's get some concrete ideas out:
What do you want to do?
How can we accomplish this?
What do you need to accomplish this?

Let's get some ideas out.  I'll send out another email shortly with a
meeting scheduler - we're going to try Doodle to see if that can help get
more participation.

Thanks for your time,

--
- Anthony Hook