Virtual Box and Unity

Gabriel Wollenburg urmom111 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 03:03:25 UTC 2011

I am not certain, but I recall reading something along the lines of
Unity only working in cases where you have a composite graphics mode--
which is typically not available in a out of the box Virtual Box set
up.

That being siad,the Version of Virtual Box you're using _should_
support hardware acceleration, and this website seems to suggest that
it should be as easy and cutting and pasting a few snippets of command
line to enable unity in a virtual environment.

 http://www.webupd8.org/2010/12/how-to-test-ubuntu-1104-with-unity-in.html

Good luck!
Let us know if you crack it!

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Rick Schwai <rick.schwai at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed Virtual Box 4.1.2 with ubuntu 10.04 running as the host OS.  I
> then installed ubuntu 11.04.  Next I installed Guest Additions for 11.04.
>  My monitor is running 1366 x 768 but the Unity interface will not come up.
>  Only the classic interface will appear.
> Anybody have any thoughts if Unity will work using Virtual Box?
> Rick Schwai

Gabriel D. W. Wollenburg
Gabe at Writelarge.com