[Fwd: Re: Upgrade UBUNTU 8.10 to 9.04]

Eliot Frost web at stillinbeta.com
Thu Mar 11 17:04:51 GMT 2010

If you're heart-set on using a CD, you can just download the normal Jaunty
CD (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/9.04/release/). Instead of booting
off the CD, just boot your computer up normally. Open Synaptic (System ->
Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager), and open settings->
repositories. Go to Other Sources, and click add a CD-Rom...

Exit out of the repositories window, click refresh, then Mark all Upgrades,
then click Apply. Then go make yourself lunch.

I haven't done that particular upgrade, so I can't say for sure that it will
go on without a hitch. What package do you need off of Jaunty that isn't in
Karmic, anyway? It's possible somebody put a dev package together that you
could download.