[ubuntu-us-wi] Global Jam

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:40:14 GMT 2010

March 26-28th is Ubuntu's Global Jam
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam] and is approaching fast!

The Ubuntu Global Jam is an incredible opportunity for the Ubuntu
community to unite together around the weekend of 26th - 28th March
2010 to work together to improve Ubuntu. Everyone is able to
contribute to the Jam, and everyone is welcome and encouraged to get
involved. Curious about how to make a real difference to Ubuntu? This
is a great chance to make that difference.

The Ubuntu Global Jam incorporates events that have been organized
over the world to get Ubuntu contributors and fans together to have a
great time and improve Ubuntu. Each event has one or more of our
themes:

Bugs - finding, triaging and fixing bugs.

Testing - testing the new release and reporting your feedback.

Upgrade - upgrading to Lucid from Hardy or Karmic and reporting your
upgrade experience.

Documentation - writing documentation about how to use Ubuntu and how
to join the community.

Translations - translating Ubuntu and helping to make it available in
everyone's local language.

Packaging - work on Ubuntu packages and improve them.

Other - other types of contribution such as marketing, packaging, advocacy etc.

LoCos should not feel required to support all themes, but the Global
Jam can be used as an opportunity to introduce members to different
aspects of the community.

***

I would be interested in Testing, as I have been testing Lucid on my
laptop and netbook since pre-alpha2, and I think we have people
interested in Documentation, some in Bugs, Packaging, etc.

Who else would be up for something like this? It'd be a great time for
our LoCo to help out Ubuntu as a whole, gain a lot of experience in
various subjects, and help others out.  We don't have a lot of time to
this Global Jam, so don't throw this email in your archives too
quickly.  Stay tuned for a meeting time.

Thanks,

- Anthony Hook