[ubuntu-us-wi] Meeting Notes

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 03:47:56 GMT 2010

I'd like to thank everyone that participated in the Ubuntu Wisconsin meeting
tonight.

Some topics that we covered:

   - Introductions
      - Nice to meet some people that I haven't previously as well as see
      some returning faces

   - Ideas for LoCo activity
      - A few ideas were thrown around:
         - Release Parties: Superior/Duluth, Lake Geneva, Madison, perhaps
         more?
         - Doc Jam: yotux2 was interested in having a LoCo-wide online Doc
         Jam (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Jams/Docs)
         - Apparel: yotux2 brought up the idea of LoCo-branded shirts
         - CDs: yotux2 brought up the idea of LoCo-branded LiveCD's to
         distribute

   - Events? Plans? Release Parties?
      - See above

   - Plans for ubuntu-wisconsin.org
      - Activity! We need to get this place buzzing.
      - News posts, activity, identica integration, community blog?
      - Please contact me if you'd like to contribute.

   - New Identica group:
http://identi.ca/group/ubuntuw<http://identi.ca/group/ubuntuwi>
   i <http://identi.ca/group/ubuntuwi>

   - Work on becoming an Approved LoCo:
htt<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved>
   p <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved>
   s://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved>

That is all for now. Thanks again to all that attended, please let me know
if I missed anything important.

Also, reply if you're interested in contributing to any of the above ideas.

Thanks,

- Anthony Hook