Domain Results

Douglas A. Whitfield douglasawh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:41:30 GMT 2009

I realize voting is done, but I feel like we've voted a poor choice.
Perhaps someone can convince me I'm wrong.

I'd prefer a URL that will carry at least some weight around the
world.  Most Internet savvy people will be able to figure out where
they've stumbled from a URL that has Wisconsin in the name.  However,
WI is quite a bit less revealing.  It may be very well we don't care
about those people (and not in a xenophobic way, but in a, why would
they care way).  I realize a page title with Wisconsin in the title
and a giant logo with the name will probably go a great distance in
fixing those, but I'm not sure if people thought about that aspect.
Perhaps the very fact that people didn't think of it proves the target
audience, but I tend to try to guard against American exceptionalism.
Excuse me while I go to the water closet and then go back to watching
footie. ;)