UBUNTU: Book requests for WA Team

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu May 19 02:28:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Mark Terranova <mark at gidgetkitchen.org> wrote:
> Hello all, I had just arranged for the nice folks at O'Reilly to send some
> books to a local user group I am involved with. I figured that WA might be
> interested also, so I created a page on our wiki;
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WashingtonTeam/BookRequests
> I put 2 books that I thought might be interesting for the group. Some books
> are easier to get than others- it depends on how many they have printed.
> Posting reviews of the books would help us get more of them down the road
> (but is NOT required.)
> Any thoughts?
> -Mark
> PS I also put a link in our header to the page under *Book Requests*

Hey Mark, thanks for getting this started. From your link, I was able
to dl The Art of Community, which I would have liked to buy when it
was in print. Buying it fro the Kindle....nah, Jono can't sign that.
So I downloaded the pdf, and transferred it to the Kindle, which is
easier to read on (for me) than the computer screen.

Thanks again,

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez