UBUNTU: Geeknic(s) This Summer

Linda Halligan linda.halligan at gmail.com
Tue May 3 23:47:34 UTC 2011

There has been some interest in the past in putting together some geek
picnics over the summer.

I'm still interested in doing this. I can take point on coordinating the
picnic, but I can't coordinate and execute everything by myself. Is
there anyone else who is willing to take on some of the activities to
make this a reality during the planning and preparing phase as well as
during the execution?

Some critical jobs:
-Scouting and securing a location
-Securing corporate sponsorship or individual donations (we aren't a
non-profit. heck, we aren't even a legal entity)
-Planning the food/drinks
-Purchasing and tranporting said food/drinks
-Coordinating purchase/borrowing/transport of any tables/chairs, bbqs,
etc that will be necessary to put on a picnic
-Planning/executing activities during the picnic (if such a thing is
desired. e.g. install latest Ubuntu release, triage bugs, play frisbee,
fly kites, etc)
-Getting the word out

-Linda