UBUNTU: Geeknic Planning

Linda Halligan linda.halligan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 22:02:51 UTC 2011

A week ago or so in #ubuntu-us-wa we discussed starting to plan a
geeknic this summer (or a couple geeknics). It was agreed that if we
were to do this we would have to get the planning process going very soon.

I'd like get things rolling with a list of items that will need to be
handled to make a geeknic happen:

Venue
Sponsorship/donations
Food
Date - (likely dependent on venue availability)
Volunteer(s) to plan the event
Marketing the event to get people to show up

I'm pretty sure this is incomplete so please add to the list.

Once we've got a ore complete list we can make a blueprint in launchpad
or a wiki page to facilitate planning.

-Linda