UBUNTU: Software Freedom Day, Sept. 18, 2010

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 11:40:30 BST 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 1:49 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I feel like I'm flooding the list lately, but I want us to get
> together more often! Software Freedom Day is coming up soon:
>
> http://softwarefreedomday.org/content/what-software-freedom-day
>
> Sept. 18th. I was thinking it would be fun to all get together that
> afternoon and take the ferry from Seattle to Bremerton and back. This
> leaves out the rest of the state except by IRC, sorry! But, we could
> also invite the Linuxchix, GSLUG, and any other free software groups
> we participate in/know about. What do you think?
>
> It costs $7 to take the ferry round-trip. We would have a semi-captive
> audience on the ferry, and it won't matter what the weather is like --
> we can go up top if it's nice, and stay down below if it rains.
>
> http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/schedule/ScheduleDetailByRoute.aspx?route=sea-br
>
> The ferry leaves Seattle at 1:30, and we'd get back to Seattle around 4pm.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Valorie

This has gotten dropped, with only Paul speaking up to say he *might*
show up, so I guess there is insufficient enthusiasm. Maybe next year
we can think ahead and do something fun/cool/collaborative? I think
Seattle/Washington could use some thinking about software freedom and
the associated issues, myself.

Oh, well.

Valorie