UBUNTU: Idea proposal

Ian MacGregor ardchoille42 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 17:50:40 GMT 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Valorie Zimmerman <
valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Ian MacGregor <ardchoille42 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'd like to propose an idea. I've never attended an installfest, though
> I've
> > heard that they're great, and thought this might be a great way to
> advance
> > Ubuntu Lucid in the Seattle area once it's released in April. Is the
> general
> > public invited to installfests?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ian MacGregor (aka, ardchoille)
>
> Will Ubuntu/Kubuntu give us some CDs to give out? I recall someone
> volunteering to check on this -- can we have a progress report on
> that?
>
> Chuck, are you planning anything down Olympia-way?
>
> Valorie <---------- very happy to see some activity on the list
>
> --
> New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
> Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .
> All my pages: http://valorie.zimmerman.googlepages.com

I don't know. I'm new to this list and figured there was someone in charge
of this type of thing (arrangement, scheduling, etc) - if not, there should
be. I know the local LUG has used a room at the North Seattle Community
College for meetings in the past. I just wanted to put forth the idea,
didn't want to go forward for fear of "stepping on toes".

Does this team have someone appointed to handle this type of thing?
What is our team structure as far as officers, treasurer, secretary, etc?

--
Regards,
Ian MacGregor