UBUNTU: Idea proposal

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 10:03:33 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Ian MacGregor <ardchoille42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to propose an idea. I've never attended an installfest, though I've
> heard that they're great, and thought this might be a great way to advance
> Ubuntu Lucid in the Seattle area once it's released in April. Is the general
> public invited to installfests?
>
> Regards,
> Ian MacGregor (aka, ardchoille)

A big +1 from me on this suggestion, Ian! My dad is recovering from a
broken hip/partial hip replacement, and while I love spending the time
with him, looking forward to something fun like this would help a LOT!
So a cafe, pub, or hackerspace -- what shall it be? And when? I will
rearrange my schedule if necessary.

Will Ubuntu/Kubuntu give us some CDs to give out? I recall someone
volunteering to check on this -- can we have a progress report on
that?

Chuck, are you planning anything down Olympia-way?

Valorie <---------- very happy to see some activity on the list

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .