UBUNTU: Global Jam tomorrow: Saturday, and Sunday also

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 03:39:15 BST 2010

Hi all, just a last-minute reminder:

Global Jam is tomorrow and Sunday. We have a room for Saturday afternoon:

Rainier Beach Branch, 9125 Rainier Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98118. 206-386-1906

Driving from the south (going north):

   * Take I-5 exit 158 at Martin Luther King Way Jr.
   * Go north 1½ miles on Martin Luther King Way to South Henderson Street.
   * Turn right onto Henderson.
   * Go east ½ mile on Henderson to Rainier Avenue South.
   * Turn right onto Rainier Avenue South.
   * Go south 2 blocks on Rainier to the branch. (on your right)

Driving from the north (going south):

   * Take I-5 exit 158 at Boeing Access Road.
   * Turn left onto the Boeing Access Road.
   * Turn left onto Martin Luther King Jr. Way.
   * Go north 1½ miles on Martin Luther King Jr. Way to South Henderson Street.
   * Turn right onto Henderson.
   * Go east ½ mile on Henderson to Rainier Avenue South.
   * Go south 1 block on Rainier to the branch (on the right).

Parking is available in the branch parking lot.

Metro Bus Information - Served by Metro Bus Routes: 7, 8, 9, 32, 36,
39, 48, 106 and 107

* If you can't attend in person, please connect via IRC to our channel
on freenode: #ubuntu-us-wa . Use http://webchat.freenode.net/ if you
have no IRC client handy.

You can also connect to specific channels which will help you with the
task you've chosen, such as: #ubuntu+1 for trying out Mav,
#ubuntu-bugs or #ubuntu-packaging if you want to help package up
patches. I personally am downloading the daily snapshot of Kubuntu
Mav, and preparing a virtualbox installation environment to test it in
before installing.

Are people gathering elsewhere in the state?

Looking forward to seeing lots of you,

Valorie

PS: We have 28 launchpad members! Are they all subscribed to this
list? Hope, hope, hope.....
--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .