UBUNTU: Fwd: LoCo Directory Bugs/Thoughts/Comments

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 11:21:36 BST 2010

A few of my thoughts at the end....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laura Czajkowski <laura at lczajkowski.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 10:20 AM
Subject: LoCo Directory Bugs/Thoughts/Comments
To: "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts"
<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>

Aloha!

The lovely LoCo Directory(LD) developers have done an amazing job on the
LD.  What was an idea started off as has really come to fruit and now is
a useful source of information for everyone.  For your own team, for
people travelling to see if they are in the area and if you've events
running so they can join you.  With this in mind there are some bugs
that need YOUR help with.  They need YOUR OPINIONS Now rather than later.

The first bug is one Chris Johnson is working on and is looking for some
constructive feedback on the bug -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+bug/616544

The following bugs are CSS related and need some help with as well :

1) Launchpad bug 601944 in loco-directory "In a team detail page, the
label column don't have a fixed width (affects: 1) (heat: 4)"
-https://launchpad.net/bugs/601944

2) Launchpad bug 610944 in ubuntu-website (and 1 other project) "the
header seems to be shapeless (affects: 1) (heat: 11)" [High,New]
https://launchpad.net/bugs/610944

3) Launchpad bug 612047 in loco-directory "Menus are getting crowded
(affects: 1) (heat: 5)" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/612047

4) Launchpad bug 612089 in loco-directory "Add a style box around
confirmation messages (affects: 1) (heat: 8)" [Low,Triaged]
https://launchpad.net/bugs/612089

As Always please add your comments to the Bug in question as that keeps
all of the information in one place so the developers and others can
follow the flow of ideas.

Log into the LD  and do make sure your team information is up to date,
right link to your wiki page, website, forums, IRC etc, correct language
and location http://loco.ubuntu.com/

If you do find any bugs, or think there is a bug there, please report it
on https://bugs.launchpad.net/loco-directory/+filebug  Also most of the
developers hang out in #ubuntu-locoteams pop in and say hi :)

Thanks folks

Laura

I don't know how many of you have used the LoCo Directory, but it is
getting easier to use, and more useful too. If you have any feedback
on the bugs Laura listed above, please have your say.

Chuck or Linda need to log into our team Launchpad page, which
generates this nice page in the Directory:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/washingtonstate . However, we are still
listed as "Teams without country" because there is a new choice of
Language which needs to be made before the sort is correct. I know, it
doesn't make sense to me either, but that's what I was told in
#loco-groups. I can't make the change in Launchpad, because I'm not
listed as an owner.

Eventually, if we all use the Directory to enter venues and events,
our monthly reports will practically write themselves! Which is part
of the point. ;-)

Valorie

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .