UBUNTU: Fwd: [SFD-announce] SFD 2010 registration is OPEN!!!

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 11:15:57 BST 2010

Any ideas? Pike Place doesn't sound that full of geeks, especially in
the summer / tourist season. How about the Science Fiction museum?
Think they would let us table there?

Another upcoming date is Ubuntu Global Jam, which is the weekend of
27th - 29th August. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

I've come across the Shotgun Rules for BAD Meetings, at
http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt and am thinking we need to
take on a bit of the BAD attitude displayed there.

:-)

Valorie

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Ahmed Osman <ashex at chipnick.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I'll be in town and not working (this never happens) so I'm
> definitely interested in doing this :)
>
> -Ahmed Osman
>

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Paul Bartell <paul.bartell at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> A couple years ago, we had a table at Pike Place, it went ok I guess.
>> Not too much interest from random people walking around.
>>
>> Ill either be in europe or on the place home during SFD :(
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
>> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Oooo, this sounds cool! Since we haven't been meeting often, this
>> > sounds like a great occasion to do so. What has been done in the past?
>> > I've heard of this, but not in any detail.
>> >
>> > Sounds like we are running out of time to register our plans, though.
>> > Is GSLUG going to participate? Can we piggy-back on? I think I will
>> > send this along to the Seattle Linuxchix also. I would love to
>> > participate in some way.
>> >
>> > Valorie

New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .
All my pages: http://valorie.zimmerman.googlepages.com