UBUNTU: [SPAM] Re: ubuntu folks

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:15:50 GMT 2009

Hey, hey hey!!!!!!!!

We are finally talking -- please lets none of us be defensive.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Linda Halligan
<linda.halligan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chuck West wrote:
>
>>>  That's what happens with a group that has no leadership or focus.
>>>

>>  Ouch. It's very hard for one person to make heads or tails of this LoCo
>>  stuff. I appreciate any help I can get. I hear a lot of criticism but
>>  very little of the constructive kind. I got the ball rolling but I was
>>  hoping at some point I could get some assistance. Frankly I am confused
>>  by the process.

::major snip::

I was also getting a bit confused by reading emails out of order (my
filter/folder so that won't happen.

Chuck, we are happy for your previous efforts. It seems that for one
reason or another, all you got was local cooperation, and focussed
your efforts there. That is very understandable.

However, by using non-LoCo resources, you missed us newbies. I hope
that the statewide efforts will continue on this list, the wiki, a
possible forum, etc. Local stuff hopefully will be added at least to
the wiki, so those of us who feel like driving can visit!

Please lets all remember what we are here for - promoting *buntu, and
excellent free software in our state.

All the best,

Valorie

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .