UBUNTU: Benjamin Mako Hill visiting Seattle

Michael Wayne Goodman goodman.m.w at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 03:07:03 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Linda Halligan
<linda.halligan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 07:40 -0800, C.J. Adams-Collier wrote:
>> Yeah, probably a good idea.  Thanks for the heads up, Michael.
>>
>> Linda, You're the most vocal on the list recently, so you're in charge
>> of organizing the event!  I'll put some time in to it after I finish my
>> final if you're too busy ;)
>>

> Unfortunately, I think I'm too booked up to do any event coordination in
> such a short time frame. I'm also likely too booked up to participate,
> which is mucho sad.
>
>> Looking forward to meeting you, Benjamin.  Do you have anything you want
>> to do while in our fine city?
>>
>> On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 21:56 -0800, Michael Wayne Goodman wrote:
>> > Hi CJ,
>> >
>> > I just saw on Planet Ubuntu a post by Benjamin Mako Hill saying he'll
>> > be in Seattle (as part of a travel tour) December 18-28. He solicited
>> > invites for giving talks at LUGs or just for getting coffee. It might
>> > be a good idea to ask him to meet for GSLUG or the Washington Loco
>> > team or whatever. Interested?
>> >
>> > http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/20091213-00
>> >

> Is anyone else willing to coordinate the set up for a dinner(?), coffee
> get together(?), or other meetup while Benjamin Mako Hill is in Seattle?
>
> Wa LoCo folks please reply on list with any other ideas. (Michael are
> you on the list? ;D )

Yep, I'm on the list. I ran the idea past CJ first because making an
announcement on the list might sound official, and I wasn't sure
Benjamin would be available. Perhaps that was a naive assumption. But
we haven't heard back from him yet so that could be true.

I just joined this group so I'm not sure what's your modus operandi.
I'd be up for dinner, coffee, a talk/discussion, hiking, or whatever.
I'm only available until the 21st, though.

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman