UBUNTU: Launchpad Team

Linda Halligan linda.halligan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 20:48:25 GMT 2009

Paul Bartell wrote:
> Last time I checked, Chuck West from Olympia was the contact, and I
> didn't really have the time to take it on. It sort of never got off
> the ground. Ive been involved with the PNW team for the last few
> years, mainly because there was no real WA team. It be happy to help
> you get it off the ground and stuff. We should probably bring Chuck in
> on this and see if he still wants to be part of it.
>
> One big problem has been what the loco wants to accomplish. We had an
> install fest, but it didn't seem to reach the public or whoever we did
> want to reach very well. We can have someone who wants to get the team
> started, but without ideas of things to do, it sorta looses its spark
> and reason for existing.
>
> just some thoughts i guess
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Linda Halligan
> <linda.halligan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Paul Bartell wrote:
>>
>>> we had one, but it wasnt really used.
>>> https://launchpad.net/~washingtonstate . It needs quite a bit of work.
>>> Im on winter break, so if i can help out with anything im happy to.

>> Oh, darn. I searched and didn't find it. I've linked the group I linked
>> to the ~washingtonstate team, not sure if I can remove the team I
>> created entirely. We should put LoCo in the ~washingtonstate team name
>> since that is the official designation of these groups, and how people
>> should be expected to search for it. Who has the authority to do that?
>>
>> Also, I've linked to the launchpad page on the Washington Team and
>> Washington Team application pages.
>>
>> I just read the LoCo how to (a little too late, darn enthusiasm) and
>> realize neither of these launchpad names fit the standard of
>> ~ubuntu-statename. :-/
>>
>> I created a wa loco gmail account for the team I created. It can be
>> transferred to the existing page if desired. Someone, let me know.
>>
>> If someone could give me a general status of the WA LoCo team, or we
>> could do a roll call for people interested in kicking this back into
>> gear that would be awesome.
>>
>> -Linda
>> IRC: althara on freenode.net
>>
>> --

I've emailed Chuck directly re: his current leadership of the Wa LoCo
and if he is still willing to be the lead or ready to pass it on to
someone else. I don't want to go about changing things when current
ownership is unclear. I'd just love to see the WA LoCo active. :-)

My understanding from the wiki/mailing list archives is that the pnw
loco was told to split and the OR loco is active and wa loco has not
launched or recovered from that split. Most of that activity on the WA
side has moved to GSLUG, which is great but it's not an Ubuntu LoCo.

In the mean time we can bandy about some ideas on the mailing list, or
#ubuntu-us-wa (anyone?), and see if there is any sort of consensus on
what The WA LoCo should be. I'll start a new thread for that.

I'll also cc him on this thread, since I am unsure if he is subbed to
the list.

-Linda
IRC: althara on freenode.net