UBUNTU: (no subject)

C.J. Adams-Collier cjac at colliertech.org
Thu Nov 6 23:04:17 GMT 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 02:09:34PM -0800, John Pyper wrote:
> Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen anything from this list.
> Let's get something going here.

Okay, I'll bite!

My name is C.J., and I reside in Everett.  I work as a consultant at a
company in Redmond that you may have heard of.  I grew up on the
Kitsap Peninsula in places like Kingston, Poulsbo, Silverdale,
Suquamish and Seabeck.  I am a "charter member" of the Freenode IRC
network, dating back to when lilo operated a channel called #LinPeople
on dalnet.

I've been using Linux since 1994.  I started with Slackware floppies I
downloaded from a local BBS (<3 TSCNet), and ended up re-building my
system after the a.out -> elf binary format switch.  I decided to try
out Debian and I've been stuck on it ever since.

I'm a contributor to the Mono project and maintain (poorly) a GNOME
widget that presents an OpenGL drawing surface to application
developers.  I'm a system administrator, network operator, and general
ne'er do well.

I've worked at ISPs (Sinclair, TSCNet, AMouse), a custom computer
re-seller (Cougar Valley), a couple of dot coms (Security Portal,
Amazon), a database vendor (MySQL), and an evil empire.  I'm
contemplating starting a business which provides internet access over
radio waves.

More importantly, I'm a father of two and husband of one :)

Cheers,

C.J.