Upcoming Ubuntu Events

Jessica Ledbetter jessica at jessicaledbetter.com
Mon Mar 14 15:41:38 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Since we postponed our March meeting, I just wanted to make sure everyone
knew about some upcoming events.

*Ubuntu Global Jam*
*April 1 - 3, 2011*
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam/
People gather to help improve Ubuntu. Some ideas are: get together and
upgrade to Natty, look for bugs, file bugs, and/or fix bugs. More ideas are
on the above wiki entry. If you're participating online or offline, please
let us know so we can add it to the team report.

*Virginia Online Meeting*
*April 4, 2011 at 8:00 p.m. in #ubuntu-us-va*
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VirginiaTeam/Meetings
Leadership: continue with the temporary trio till the next cycle or do
another nomination. If you can't attend, feel free to discuss anything here
on the list. Also, if you want to discuss something real-time at the
meeting, please add it to the agenda. There are usually folks in the channel
all the time so drop by whenever :)

*Ubuntu Natty Release Party*
*April 21 - May 5, 2011*
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/744/detail/
Basically, we get together and party that there's a new release. Narwhals
are awesome, don't you know! A release party can be as extravagant or as low
key as you want. Some get together offline and celebrate with a cake. Some
get together and have installfests, cake, beer, and more.

*Ubuntu Developer Summit*
*May 9 - 13, 2011*
http://uds.ubuntu.com/
Not just for developers but all contributors to Ubuntu. The sponsorship is
still open if you would like to apply for Canonical to pay for you to attend
in Budapest. You can also attend remotely which was pretty easy to do last
UDS in Orlando since it was in our time zone. I'm not sure of the schedule
but it will be posted when it's ready.

There are many opportunities for us to contribute to and celebrate
Ubuntu! If I missed one, please email the list so that we all can join.

--
Jessica Ledbetter
http://jessicaledbetter.com