Beginners Team Nomination: Need your testimonials (if you have some)

Jessica Ledbetter jessica at jessicaledbetter.com
Wed Mar 9 19:14:10 UTC 2011

Howdy all,

Awesome news: I was nominated for the Ubuntu Beginners Team council. Voting
just opened last night and I would appreciate any of you that have worked
with me to add to the testimonials section of my wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/jledbetter

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/jledbetter>Beginners Team [0] is a way to help
people new to Ubuntu to either use Ubuntu or find their way into the Ubuntu
community. For example, if someone is a programmer and wants to contribute
to Ubuntu, he or she might ask the team how to do so and we help the person.

Why I'd be great is that I know my way around documentation a bit (so if I
don't know the answer, I can find it or find someone that does), I have
experience in leadership roles outside of Ubuntu in school and
professionally, plus have chaired a few Virginia team meetings, and held the
first Hampton Roads Ubuntu hour. I really like helping people and think I'd
make a great addition to the council. If you agree, write a testimonial :)

Thank you!
Jessica

[0] More on the Beginners Team (including how you can join):
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/

--
Jessica Ledbetter
http://jessicaledbetter.com