[ubuntu-us-ut] UTOS Keysigning Party

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 16:11:21 BST 2010

There will be a PGP/GPG key-signing party held during the Utah Open
Source Conference on Friday, October 8, 2010. Time and room TDB.

Full details at:

       http://utosc.com/presentation/306/

What's a key-signing party?

A key-signing party is a get-together with PGP users for the purpose of
meeting other PGP users and signing each other's keys. This helps to
extend the "web of trust" to a great degree. Also, it sometimes serves
as a forum to discuss strong cryptography and related issues.

Required Items?

       1. Physical attendance.
       2. Positive government-issued picture ID.
       3. Your key ID, key type, HEX fingerprint, and key size.
       4. A pen/pencil or something to write with.
       5. NO computer.

What do I need from you?

       1. An email with the subject "My public key"
       2. Your public key attached to that email.
       3. Any questions you have regarding the keysinging party.

I will have an email filter that will be sending all emails matching the
above criteria to a specific folder in my account. This will make it
easy for me to know who is attending the party, and what fingerprints to
print the day of.

Register for UTOSC!

If you haven't already, sign up for the conference. Your local LUG
president has a LUG code that will get you 1/2 the standard admission,
but you must register by September 25th, or the prices will raise.
Register here:

       http://register.utosc.com

Of course, please forward this to anyone who may be interested in
attending. I'll be following up from time-to-time until the day of the
party, to make sure I have all the keys of those who wish to attend.

Thanks,
--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o