[ubuntu-us-ut] Grievances: Upstart, Launchpad, and Misuse of anacron

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 20:11:05 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Charles Curley
<charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> And launchpad is a slow opaque buggy mess. I've used a lot of issue
> tracking tools, and launchpad is far and away the worst. Let's start
> with a useless search that returns far to many false hits. I have pretty
> much quit filing bugs partly because launchpad is so user hostile.

I moved my project(s) away from Launchpad and into github for this
reason. Launchpad is slow, has always been difficult for me to
navigate, and the forced use of bzr (srsly?! another revision control
tool? can we say "not invented here" syndrome?) drove me away. It was
technically bzr that drove me away (incompatibilities between versions
to be exact).

...to tie this back into the other thread. It does sound a lot like a
"not invented here" syndrome, and wanting others to adopt their tools
vs writing compatible tools and pushing to have them shared elsewhere.

Christer