[ubuntu-us-ut] Airing of grievances (was Meerkat Ditching 'aptitude')

Mike Basinger mike.basinger at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 20:00:30 BST 2010

<fanboy rant>
1. Choose any theme other than Ambiance or Radiance and the button go
back to right. I can't express how much I feel this is a non-issue.
2. The basic install includes other themes, and they're dozens of
themes that can be downloaded from the repos if you don't like the
default.
3. sudo apt-get install aptitude , and Bob's your uncle, you have
aptitude. Keep the distro CD size if very important to Mark and the
release team. Also,

I think it is fair to say maybe Ubuntu default install is best for the
new Linux user, and an more experience user will have the choice and
freedom to alter their Ubuntu by easily obtain packages in the repos.
</fanboy rant>

Mike